Life In The Fehrway

Thoughts from a big guy with a bigger appetite who serves and even bigger God.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Around the World In 80 Days

Ok, so maybe I won't be going around the world, or even taking a trip for 80 days, but I am going to Peru for two weeks this coming August for a missions trip, which is even better. The team has at long last been chosen, and come August, I will be heading south with about eleven others to see what God has in store for us. I am extremely excited to see what God will do in the hearts and lives of myself and the rest of the team. I suspect that it will be a very humbling experience for all of us, as for most of us it will be the first time that we have witnessed severe poverty. I am sure that we will be forced out of our comfort zones, but that God will use it to stretch and strengthen our faith. At this time it is uncertain as to what the purpose of the trip will be, whether it is travelling to various villages to hand out food hampers, working on a building project, or ministering to children, but I am sure that whatever the case God will use us to further His kingdom.

As is the case with any task, this trip must be upheld in prayer, and I would appreciate all the prayer and support we can get. There are many obstacles that we as a team must overcome. Pray for the health and safety of everyone, so that not only are we able to go on the trip, but that we don't catch some crazy jungle viruses while we're down there. Pray that all of the financial support that is needed to make this trip a reality will come in. Pray for unity among team members, as we seek to become closer to each other and closer to God. Also pray that we will be guarded against spiritual attacks, as things are already popping up that may hinder peoples' involvement in the trip. But most importantly, pray that God will do amazing things in the lives of all of us, and that we would walk away from Peru truly changed people. I know it seems like a lot of prayer requests, but I fully believe that prayer is one of the most crucial ingredients when it comes to any missions trip.
In Christ,
Tyler

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home