Life In The Fehrway

Thoughts from a big guy with a bigger appetite who serves and even bigger God.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 6: August 10,2006

Camp la Joya

SICK! That about sums up my day. The day started with a little excitement, as somebody poisoned one of the camp's dogs last night. After that my day consisted of naps between trips to the bathroom. 27 trips on the day, to be exact. I will never again take 2-ply toilet paper for granted, as all I could think about was Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". I figured out that at this point I was the fifteenth team member to get sick. Not a fun day. In the evening we had a games night, and us Canadians got schooled by the Peruvians at soccer. I didn't play, for obvious reasons. After it was over and I was very slowly making my way to my bed, three of the Peruvian men met up with me on the path. After learning that I was feeling sick, they accompanied me on my trudging journey to the cabin, which I found comforting and encouraging, as they hardly knew me, yet were still concerned about my well-being. And thus ended the worst day of the trip.

3 Comments:

  • At September 01, 2006 2:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay Tyler I updated my bloag happy?
    Thanx for the push...

    TheDrake

     
  • At September 09, 2006 11:35 p.m., Blogger Carmen said…

    "And thus ended the worst day of the trip."
    Did you write that last statement in your actual journal that day, or did you add it later upon relfection? A little depressing, but nevertheless, honest. I remember it too. I NEVER want to be that sick again in my life! Amen!

     
  • At September 09, 2006 11:36 p.m., Blogger Carmen said…

    Oh and I never heard anything about one of the dogs being poisoned! What was that about?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home