Life In The Fehrway

Thoughts from a big guy with a bigger appetite who serves and even bigger God.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Thanks For The Memories, Edmonton!

Well, tonight obviously did not turn out as I had hoped, as the Hurricanes managed to hang on in game seven to win the Stanley Cup. So for all of you non-Oilers fans who read my blog, you can breathe a sigh of relief, as this marks the end of my hockey analogies for a while. Surprisingly, I am not nearly as upset as I thought I would be; disappointed, most definitely, but its not the end of the world. In a way, it is a relief that the playoffs are finally over, as I can finally move on with my life. It is summer, after all, and I have so many greater things to look forward to. So for any of you Flames fans out there, I guess we are now even, with both our teams choking in game 7 of the finals to a team from a city that should never even have a hockey team. However, if you're expecting me to say something nice about the Hurricanes, don't count on it. Ok, I guess they do have some pretty cheerleaders, but seriously, this is hockey, and fans shouldn't need any motivation to cheer. All in all, I can say that I am extremely proud of my Oilers, and will continue to stand by them no matter what. HEY EDMONTON, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES! WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

4 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2006 7:57 p.m., Blogger Bassmaster Fehr said…

    I believe a fitting song for today is "Bringing On The Heartbreak" by Def Leppard.

     
  • At June 22, 2006 5:25 p.m., Blogger Keller said…

    LOL. The cheerleaders! Ha!

    Yes... the most devestating part is that both Florida and North Carolina shouldn't have hockey teams. It's annoying... esp when have their city doesn't even know they have a team!

    I think next year will be a difficult year for both Alberta teams... depending on who they can sign in the off-season here.

    My condolences.

     
  • At June 22, 2006 5:27 p.m., Blogger Keller said…

    Sorry... my comment was supposed to read "HALF their city..." not "have their city..."

    Spelling is important!

    * I may have spelled condolences wrong too... oh well!

     
  • At June 26, 2006 7:26 p.m., Blogger shinbone #4 said…

    I was going to comment but I forgot what all the fuss was about...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home