Life In The Fehrway

Thoughts from a big guy with a bigger appetite who serves and even bigger God.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Random Ramblings

Well, today I don't really have anything inspiring or intellectual to write about, so I decided to just post some assorted anecdotes about my life these days, along with some abstract questions. Let's start with what I did tonight. It is Friday night, a night that is commonly one spent hanging out with friends and/or partying it up, as it is the end of a work week. But I did none of this. Being the cool guy that I am, with nothing else to do, I went out and bought myself a computer game for my brand spanking new laptop. Now this was not just any old game. The game that I meticulously selected was none other than Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 (Nippard, I know you're jealous!), which is pretty much the best game ever. As an unapologetic golfaholic, this was the highlight of my day. Call me a nerd, but I'm quite alright with that. Moving on...

And now I will discuss a topic that has been on my mind every day for the past week and a half or so, with that topic being the NHL Playoffs, and in particular, the Edmonton Oilers, who are currently knotted at two games apiece with the OLD Red Wings of Detroit. All I can say is, for a team that was supposed to be swept by the "best" team in the league, the Oilers are doing mighty fine. For those of you Vancouver and Toronto fans out there, I have one word for you: "FORE!" And for you Flames fans, GO DUCKS! And now for a random thought from the mind of Tyler Fehr.

Many of you may have heard the term before, but has anyone ever actually paused to consider the meaning of the term "beefcake"? Usually it is used to describe a person who is not lacking in the muscle department, but I have a different theory. I think of it as a cake, made of steak! What could possibly be better?! Except if it was garnished with bacon. Maybe this is a creation for my college days, when I get tired of Kraft Dinner.

That last thing I wish to inform you of is that I have tickets to the Our Lady Peace show in Edmonton this Tuesday! It should be a good time of hanging out with some close friends, eating some delicious food, and most importantly, not being at work for two days! Anyways, those are just a few of the thoughts running through my mind these days. Hopefully next time I will actually have something of significance to blog about. For those of you who actually read this far, I will reward your diligence with some invaluable advice pertaining to the complicated art of the pick-up line. Here is one that I have personally tried and tested: "Do you have any cold sores?" after s/he replies no, ask: "Would you like some?" If this little gem of a line doesn't work for you, try showering! Until next time, GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2006 12:40 a.m., Blogger shinbone #4 said…

    that is one of my favorites... the ol' coldsore line. Pure Gold Tyler.

     
  • At April 30, 2006 8:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe... you could not go wrong on this blog after starting it off with a picture of mugatu... hehehe...

    i sense a battle of alberta is looming...

     
  • At May 01, 2006 11:16 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy you made the beefcake reference... I love beefcake, we should another steak and cake night and make that beefcake...
    TheDrake

     
  • At May 01, 2006 9:44 p.m., Blogger Bassmaster Fehr said…

    OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN!OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN! OILERS WIN!

     
  • At May 12, 2006 3:53 p.m., Blogger Bassmaster Fehr said…

    We shall see...
    GO OILERS GO!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home