Life In The Fehrway

Thoughts from a big guy with a bigger appetite who serves and even bigger God.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

LYC: Closer

Well, I am writing today in a state of sickness and utter exhaustion...as you probably know, it was youth conference here last weekend. Let me tell you, until you have actually worked at a youth conference, you have absolutely no idea how much work goes into it. I added it up, and over the course of three days, I put in approximately 42 hours of work for LYC, hence my being sick and tired all this week. But it was well worth it.

I signed up to work as an usher this year, thinking that it was a fairly easy job and a way to be involved in the weekend. Let me tell you, it was anything but a slack job, whether it was acting as security, serving food to the delegates, etc. After getting a behind the scenes look at youth conference, I will find it hard to ever complain about such an event again. There are so many people working behind the scene that go unnoticed, yet play an essential role. Perhaps the greatest part of the weekend for me occurred during the final rally. I was up front running security during the worship, but was not really needed, as the kids were not too out of control. Instead, I was able to simply join in the worship with the rest of the youth who had come to the front to worship. It was just a great feeling to see college students worshiping alongside the high school students as one body. As much as my body is telling me I should have taken it easy last weekend rather than volunteering my services at LYC, I have been incredibly blessed by the experience, and would do it all again...as soon as I recover from the last one!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home